Why choose plantation shutters for your bedroom window dressing?
The obvious benefit of bedroom shutters is that you can control the light depending on the time of day. When you want to sleep in the day or enjoy a Sunday morning lie in, you can close them. When you’re ready to wake up, open them fully and let the light flood in.
The benefits of bedroom plantation shutters
Bedroom shutters are also an ideal way to give your room a sense of privacy at any time of the day, without the need to close curtains or pull down blinds.
Window treatments like curtains and blackout blinds only provide privacy when they’re closed, whereas plantation shutters give you both privacy and natural light at the same time.
There’s nothing worse than a stuffy bedroom, especially on hot summer evenings. That’s why wooden shutters make such a lot of sense in a bedroom. The fresh air can easily flow through the slats and circulate around your room. Even better, while curtains or wooden blinds would blow in the breeze, shutters remain closed, stable and quiet.
Stylish window coverings
Aside from all the practical benefits, bedroom shutters look beautiful and can add style, character and color to your room. Our painted wooden shutters come in a range of bespoke colors, so you can easily complement or add some contrast to your décor.
Looking for bedroom window dressing ideas?
Still deciding between blinds and shutters? Love the idea of painted wood shutters, but not sure which color to choose? Take a look out our gallery page
for some inspiration, or call our
team for some one-to-one advice.
Plantation shutters for a child’s bedroom
Shutters are becoming more and more popular in children’s bedrooms. They look stylish and come in all the colors of the rainbow, so they can fit with any décor. Here are some more reasons to consider shutters for your child’s bedroom.
- Easily adjust light levels - With shutters you can block out light for daytime naps, and convince them to sleep on bright summer nights. No need for blackout blinds.
- No dangerous cords - Plantation shutters are opened and closed with a simple rod, which means there are no dangerous dangling cords. If you’re worried about safety in a child’s bedroom, shutters are a great solution.
- Easy to clean - Simply wipe with a damp cloth. There are no trips to the dry cleaners with shutters.
- Insulation and noise reduction - Wooden shutters will reduce drafts and help keep noise at bay, so your little ones can enjoy a good night’s sleep.
- Anti-allergen - As shutters are so easy to clean, you can easily avoid the build-up of dust that gathers in heavy curtains.
Ready to order your bedroom plantation shutters? Shop now.
Common questions answered
Do you have any shutter ideas for large windows?
Shutters can make a real impact on large windows and most styles will work. If you plan on opening your shutters regularly, smaller panels are a good option, so you can fold them back neatly on the wall. You just need to make sure there is enough room either side of the window.
If you’re more likely to keep your plantation shutters closed, larger panels will give you more light.
How can I use color with my shutters?
Colored shutters are a great way to personalise a bedroom window. You can pick out a shade in your décor, or add a pop of color to an otherwise neutral room.